Energy Technical Advisor for the Upgrade of "OAKA" Athens Sports CenterFollowing International Tender, the Olympic Center "Spyros Louis" (OAKA) choose TREK as the Technical Advisor and Inspector for the Energy Efficiency upgrade of its infrastructure, valued at 18 million EURO.
OAKA is the sports facility of the 2004 Olympic games and a multi venue facility for numerous sports events in football, volley, basketball, cycling, swimming and other cultural & sports events.
OAKA is a 40 years old complex and needs a massive upgrade in its energy Infrastructure, namely Electromechanical systems, Lighting facility in the main stadium as well as in various indoor facilities, Heating/Cooling systems, systems for water heating and other auxiliary energy systems.
TREK undergoes the task of the Principal advisor and Inspector for the fullfilement of the main contractor's obligations, providing quality and quantitative product acceptance, ensuring smooth and timely operation of the project, as well as contract management services on behalf of the OAKA Administration. The project is 12 months and budgeted at 18MEUR, whilst TREK services are 279.000 EUR.
Detailed project description;
The Project concerns with the energy improvement of the electromechanical & Lighting facilities through the implementation of energy saving actions (upgrading energy efficiency of lighting and building facilities) and the installation of a trigeneration system, within the complex of the Olympic Sports Center, with a total budget of €18 million.
The OAKA Administration has prioritized specific interventions in order to optimize the total energy consumption and the performance of the units controlled by the operations of the Project. The prioritization of these interventions is based on the following assumptions:
· Frequency of the use and the exploitation of the facilities
· Pursuit of maximum improvement at the lowest cost
· Functionality of the existing equipment
· Pursuit of simultaneous improvement of other characteristics of the facilities beyond energy costs (air conditioning quality, operational safety, control and connectivity with modern means of automation and control).
According to the above assumptions, the project includes 9 specific actions:
1. Improvement of domestic hot water (DHW) and swimming pool heating facilities, with the installation of steel boilers with natural gas burners, high temperature heat pumps and a solar water heater with selective solar collector
2. Improvement of central air-conditioning-heating facilities, through the installation of air-cooled chillers, new central air-conditioning units, new units “Roof Tops” and VRF systems
3. Unblocking the air-conditioning-heating facilities of offices and other spaces that operate daily, despite of ongoing events, from the operation of the central facilities, with the installation of VRF systems
4. Replacement of energy-consuming pumps-circulators with equivalents of new technology
5. Replacement of energy-consuming and old-type indoor lighting fixtures with LED-type lighting fixtures
6. Replacement of energy-consuming lighting bodies and outdoor mast projectors with new lighting bodies - LED type projectors
7. Replacement of energy-consuming competition lighting projectors with new LED type lighting bodies based on specific requirements (UEFA Elite Level A for the main stadium, FINA & EN12193 for the indoor swimming pool and synchronized swimming pool, Euroleague for the indoor basketball court, UCI for the cycling track etc.)
8. Installation of Cogeneration unit of Electricity –Highly Efficient Heat
9. Supply and installation of Building Management System (BMS) with Direct Digital Control (DDC) technology devices (controllers) based on the BACnet protocol
In this context, the purpose of the Consultant's work is to provide the necessary technical support to the department in charge of the Athens Olympic Sports Center, in order to implement the above actions of the Energy Upgrade Project.
More precisely, the Consultant's work includes:
1. Technical support services to the receiving committee regarding the quantitative control of the delivered materials
2. Technical support services to the receiving committee regarding the quality control of the delivered materials
3. Technical support services to the acceptance committee regarding the final acceptance of the trigeneration system
4. Technical support services to the reception committee regarding the drafting of the necessary protocols, in accordance with par. 3 of article 208 of Law 4412/16
The deliverables of the project include:
1. Project initiation & assessment
2. Updating of Time Schedule of individual tasks, in the context of each deliverable
3. Quality Management Plan and Deliverables Quality Assurance Manual
a. Identification of management and quality assurance activities and processes
b. Defining the criteria and methods of quality control of processes and deliverables
4. Risk Management Plan
- Registration of risks regarding the execution of the services
- Parameterization of risk assessment scales
- Specialization of management processes
5. Development of three-month reports of delivered of the Technical Support Consultant for the receipt and control of materials and systems
6. Project Completion and self-evaluation