The project refers to an integrated set of actions aiming at the effective inclusion of unemployed in the labor market of the Region of Attica on the basis of their actual needs as well as the current trends of sports entrepreneurship. The beneficiaries receive targeted training related to sports entrepreneurship (with emphasis on sports marketing and management), a sector that represents a vital part of the local economy as evident by the number of enterprises active in it. Moreover the beneficiaries are supported through customized advisory and mentoring services, with the ultimate goal being to either be employed in relevant enterprises or establish their own companies (individual or social). The project addresses a crucial problem of Attica (as well as Greece in general): the growth of unemployment in combination with the lack of development. The project aims to tackle this problem through targeted actions based on the development potential of Attica, especially in the post-Olympic Games era that helped local entrepreneurs to realize the importance of competent professionals in the sports management.
The activities foreseen include:
- Training to unemployed persons willing to be occupied in the sports industry either through small individual companies or social enterprises or as employees
- Advisory support in topics such as financial management, entrepreneurship, professional orientation, psychological and social support, etc.
- Networking of beneficiaries with sports clubs, societies, federations
- Diffusion of project outputs and results
Elaboration of studies aiming at the successful placement of unemployed in sports entities and at the sustainability of employment that will be generated in the context of the project.
TREK Consulting as a project partner participates in all activities foreseen:
- Existing situation analysis of the local labor market
- Study for development of specialized training tools (sports management game & sports marketing game)
- Selection of beneficiaries
- Advisory and mentoring to beneficiaries
- Support services to beneficiaries and employers
- Elaboration of business plans
- Training seminars in sports marketing, sports management, sports infrastructures administration, and social entrepreneurship
- Awareness raising (press office, promotional material in printed and electronic form, press conferences, events, radio spot, natural and electronic networking)