The project aims to implement an Integrated Local Plan for the employment of unemployed youth in the hotel industry of Thessaly by fostering new forms of promotion and marketing of hotels with the use of electronic social networks (social media). The activities foreseen aim at the implementation of an integrated grid of specialized active and preventive measures for employment growth and matching demand and supply of labor in the hotel industry, so as to revitalize and restructure the hotel industry for all areas in the Region of Thessaly.
In particular the project is implemented through the following activities:
- Signing relevant MoU with local collective and professional entities, municipalities and business community in the tourism sector.
- Raising the awareness of beneficiaries (unemployed youth) and ensuring their active involvement in the project.
- Providing targeted and specialized services to unemployed youth related to: entrepreneurship and innovation in the field of interactive marketing and promotion of hotels; organization and administration of private and social enterprises for the promotion of the Thessaly tourism product.
- Defining concrete criteria for selecting beneficiaries and assessing their needs
- Developing a continuous monitoring mechanism of the beneficiaries and enterprises.
The main objective is to promote the identity of Thessaly tourism product and to ensure creation of new jobs for unemployed people through the specific diagnosis of the needs of local tourism enterprises and all sectors affected in general by tourism industry.
The expected results include:
- Reinforcement of youth employment through active labor market policies
- Improved effectiveness of labor policies
- Restructuring of Greek economy with emphasis on new and dynamic sectors (such as sustainable tourism)
- Employment with multiplier effects on local economy and society
Targeted capacity building in dynamic economic sectors.
TREK Consulting as a project partner participates in all activities foreseen, while it coordinates the implementation of the following:
- Selection of beneficiaries and diagnosis of support / training needs
- Elaboration of the roadmap for the development and operation of social enterprises in Thessaly with the aim to promote the tourism and cultural assets of the region
- Design and development of the electronic platform for networking and training (eLearning)
- Communication campaign addressed to beneficiaries, enterprises, policy-makers, stakeholders and the wider public through social media and new interactive marketing technologies
Advisory and mentoring services to beneficiaries regarding employment and entrepreneurship through the elaboration of specialized business plans.
You may find more at: http://www.hotels-empowerment.gr/portal/