TREK to offer Financial and Advisory Services to the Region of Central Macedonia, GR for funding facility from International Donors and the European Investment Bank (EiB). The development of the Regional Administrative and Business Center along with the renewal of the City’s Western city entrance (Western Gate) constitutes a visionary project focused on improving the quality of life of citizens in the Regional Unit of Thessaloniki. At the same time it will contribute to the mitigation of serious problems in Thessaloniki’s urban area (Western city Gate). The Center will be a one-stop-shop where citizens can have access to the Regional Authority’s services, while they can also do their shopping, recreation and entertain themselves or even engage in business activities.
In this context TREK Consulting has been assigned the provision of advisory and technical assistance services to the Region of Central Macedonia (RCM), in order to support the financing of the construction and operation of the project. Services provided include:
- The assessment and categorization of the project in terms of type, validity and prioritization of investment
- the evaluation and selection of international financial instruments and institutions,
- the submission of documentation - application for funding to the selected IFI,
- negotiations until signature of the contract with European Investment Bank (EiB),
- project management, monitoring and control, and
- project communication.
The project is divided into four major components, as follows:
- Evaluating IFIs and technical assistance in selecting one who may finance the project according to RCM’s specifications.
- Submission of the complete application file to the selected IFI in accordance with the latter’s standards. The dossier will include a complete Business Plan, Marketing Plan, as well as additional information, such as RCM’s creditworthiness and a comprehensive Communication Plan (as part of the Marketing Plan). The Business Plan aims to highlight the feasibility of the construction of the Regional Center, and along with the Marketing Plan they aim to promote and ensure the viability of the project.
- Negotiations with the selected IFI (European Investment Bank) for funding terms, if authorized by the institutional framework of the IFI, and technical assistance in the conclusion and signing of the financing agreement.
- Monitoring, control and visibility of the project from the signing of the contract until the completion of the construction of the Regional Center and the launch of its operation. This component is divided into two parts, with the first to be completed in one year from the start of the project and the second ending with the release of the final installment of funding.
Currently the first three components have been completed (Phase A completed).